Friday, September 21, 2007

FREEDOM!

Thank you God. Thank you for your words of encouragement, your strength, your love. In one day, I went from the pit, as King David would say, to your banquet table. I know that you have big plans for my life - plans that I cannot foretell, but desire to be a part of. I know that you have more in store for me than this life I'm living now. Please direct me where you want me to go, where you want me to be. "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death." "All a man's ways seem right to him, but the Lord weighs the heart." Weigh my heart, Lord, lead me in the way you would have me go. Open doors for your love to shine into and through my spirit today Lord. Grant me the strength to put on the belt of truth, that I may seek out the truth, living a life of honesty and integrity; the breastplate of righteousness, that I may protect my heart with everything that is good and perfect from you; the helmet of salvation, that I may continue to work out my salvation in fear and trembling, not in pride as if I have done something to deserve it, but in gracious humility that you have granted me hope and life; the shield of faith, that I may block all of the arrows of the evil one with an unswerving faith in you; the sword of the spirit, that I may use your Word as living and active, sharp as a double-edged sword, able to divide bone and marrow, able to judge the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. And Lord, I pray that you will use me as a leader, as William Wallace leading a crusade against the forces of this world in order that freedom may be grasped by all. FREEDOM!

No comments: