Sunday, September 23, 2007

the narrow gate

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life and only a few find it."

Where am I missing the narrow road? Lately I've felt like I'm traveling down the broad road - being, acting, living just the same as everyone else - when I know I'm called for something more. I know God has plans that are more than this for me. He has blessed me in so many things and where much is given, much is required. Show me the narrow gate and teach me to keep my eyes fixed on you, the author and perfector of my faith.

I felt so alive yesterday riding. The sun on my back, the wind whistling around me, the countryside, God's country, the pleasure spiked with pain (to quote a Chili Pepper's song). I want to be seeking that life everyday, that communion with God.

No comments: