Saturday, September 22, 2007

passion

The Passion of the Christ - what a powerful movie. I haven't seen it in years, but the images from that movie are still burned somewhere deep inside. Just the name, the Passion of the Christ, says so much about our Lord and about what he desires of us.

His passion is seen throughout the gospels; I especially see his heart in the sermon on the mount. His passion is for us to live not in the letter of the law, but in the spirit of it. Not in blindly following rules and regulations, but in following in the spirit of the living God.

Maybe his passion is simply for us to live. "Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that. Because what the world needs is people that have come alive." "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full."

Where is my passion at today? What is the big adventure, the battle I am caught up in? Where is my field at Bannockburn, my beaches of Normandy? Lord, instill an unmistakable passion in me today. Lead me into my deep heart, speak to me through your passion. Use me as a tool for you today.

No comments: