Tuesday, March 6, 2007

one down

This morning began with a disappointing alarm at 5am, only to be followed up with another only 9' later. Eventually I dragged myself to the couch where I stayed a little too long. When all was said and done, I was still out the door by 6am and the legs freshened up soon thereafter. Here's the stats for today's efficiency test:

~20' warmup
30' at hr 160 on Tascosa track = 50m short of 18 laps = just under 4.5 miles = 6:40 pace
~20' cooldown
Aside from a large blister on the side of my left foot due to the new Mizuno Precisions, this felt pretty manageable with the worst part not coming until the jog home. I should be able to race comfortably at hr 160.

Evening workout didn't quite go as planned - my hr monitor was screwing up, showing everything from 100-260. In short, I put in a solid 60', but I don't have a clue what the intensity was, and after attempting the time trial 4x, I gave it up for a day when I know what my body's doing. (Besides, I needed the HR data for McGalliard.)

All in all, a great day.

No comments: